Tell your Legislators: Pass the Senate’s Education Budget
Last session, legislators made progress funding the McCleary decision. But there’s still a lot of work to do. The Supreme Court recently ordered the Legislature to fully fund public education THIS YEAR. With only a few more weeks left in the legislative session, it is critical that you contact your legislators now and ask them to support the Senate’s education budget.
Write a short message to your legislators and let them know why this matters to you. Use our template or write your own letter using these guidelines:
- Relate it to home. Let your legislator know what school district you are in and what school your child attends.
- Let your legislators know that you support passing the Senate’s education budget
- Briefly explain how school funding impacts your child’s school
- Be sure to thank your legislator for hearing your concerns.
- You can also call the legislative hotline: 1-800-562-6000